McLean Preschool is an award winning state licensed facility that provides play based academic programs for children from 2 to 5 years old. We stress rich learning experiences that stimulate children intellectually and socially giving them an opportunity to master skills while having fun. Children participate at their own level, during both structured activities and free play.
Our teachers are qualified professionals who are required to receive annual training in child development and health and safety, including CPR and first aid certification. However, we select our staff not only for their early childhood education skills, but also for their ability to interact lovingly with children.
Programs at McLean Preschool are geared to meet the physical, social, emotional and educational needs of each child at his or her own level of readiness and individual development. Learning programs include:
- Pre-reading and Pre-math skills
- Science and problem solving skills
- Self-help and personal hygiene
- Fitness through climbing, tumbling and movement
- Activities in music, rhythm, movement, and games
- Arts and crafts including painting, coloring and cutting
- Story time, circle time and dramatic play
- Field trips and special programs
A healthy snack is served daily, and our fenced-in playground allows children to enjoy outdoor play.